The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Friday, February 04, 2005

ADVANTAGE GORE!

I'm sure everyone's heard this news about Rummy:
As the Abu Ghraib prison abuse scandal roiled the Pentagon last spring, President Bush twice rejected formal offers by Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld to resign, Mr. Rumsfeld said in a television interview broadcast on Thursday.

"I submitted my resignation to President Bush twice during that period and told him that - that I felt that he ought to make the decision as to whether or not I stayed on," Mr. Rumsfeld said. "And he made that decision and said he did want me to stay on."
In his speech on Abu Ghraib last May, President-In-Exile Gore called for the resignations of Rummy, Condi Rice and George Tenet. Tenet bailed pretty quickly after. Rice wasn't going anywhere. Yet these revelations show that Gore came very close to going 2 for 3. But wait... he's crazy! Everybody knows that! Charles "The Stealth Speechwriter" Krauthammer sure does!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home