The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Monday, October 04, 2004

I AM THE BEST! TWICE!

Two of my blogs (one I contribute to, another I founded and ran for over two years) were just selected to be among "The best of the Berkeley blogs", all of this even though I've never been a full-time student there!

The good people of Berkeley chose to honor, among others, my group music blog If Six Was Nine, and my you-wish-you-thought-of-it brainchild the California Patriot Watch, which I recently ceded to the equally-masochistic Jon Pennington after two ferocious years.

TFM acquaintance Nadia (she of the ridiculously long hair, of which I highly approve) gets profiled in the piece. Here's her review of one of my concerts, from early 2003.

Congrats also to Reb&Tom at CalJunket, the boys at ResIpsa (mild?? ), and the busy bees at CalStuff, and the rest.

The Facts Machine, as the masthead photo clearly shows, is a UCSB blog, and thus not eligible for such fun. The only UCSB bloggers I've met are Nico Pitney of the now-defunct Priority Wire, formerly among the gang at Not Geniuses, and Michael Gordon, aka The Buggy Professor, a long-winded cantankerous neocon from whom I took two polisci classes last year.

If you're from the UCSB community and you have a blog, journal or political-themed web presence of some sort, feel free to drop me a line. Also, if you're in the UCSB area, tomorrow there will be another debate party at the UCen, followed by a Campus Democrats meeting in the State Street Room, then followed by a screening of Fahrenheit 911 at 10, though I don't remember which theater it's in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home