The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Monday, October 04, 2004

HAHAHAHA

I heard my Republican landlords talking in the kitchen this evening while I was eating in the living room. (background: I'm renting a room in Goleta in a house owned by a 40something Republican couple) Last night my fellow liberal housemate Aaron and I had a somewhat loud, liberal-themed conversation in the living room that they overheard, and I'm pretty sure they were putting on some sort of pageant for me. Maybe I'm developing some Nixonesque paranoia, I dunno. Anyway...

The husband loudly pronounced some news he just heard. "It just came out that Saddam Hussein funded the terrorists in Somalia, you know, the Blackhawk Down thing."

"Really?" his wife replied. "Where did you hear about that?"

"On the radio on the way home. It's gonna break soon... it proves that Saddam Hussein has connections to the terrorists."

I walked into the kitchen to pick up a drink from the fridge, and he looked at me with a very contented smile on his face.

I retreated back to my room and thought about what I had just heard. "On the radio" . . . hmm. I mumbled to myself, "some AM wingnut must have read something from Bozell or Laurie Mylroie".

And guess what: I was right on both counts.

I shaved my legs for this? (they're country fans) Anyway...

UPDATE: Jesse rightfully piles on the ridicule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home