The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Monday, November 17, 2003

DEDRUDGETIVE REASONING

Drudge links to this Roger Simon piece saying that retired General Hugh Shelton refuses to vote for Wesley Clark. He says:
"I've known Wes for a long time. I will tell you the reason he came out of Europe early had to do with integrity and character issues, things that are very near and dear to my heart. I'm not going to say whether I'm a Republican or a Democrat. I'll just say Wes won't get my vote."
"I'm not going to say whether I'm a Republican or a Democrat", eh? All I know is this: If you come out and say you're a Republican, you don't have a story. If Shelton were a Democrat, then the righty critics of Clark would be falling over themselves attempting to point that out. A retired general has no need for political impartiality, so this could only be a ploy to allow Drudge and Simon to say, ambiguously, that a retired general doesn't like Clark. So Shelton, by deductive reasoning, must be a Republican.

They might as well have told us that General Boykin won't be voting for Clark.

UPDATE: Oops! I think I got this one a bit wrong. But the funny thing is, the real truth is that much better. General Shelton isn't voting for Clark because . . . he's campaigning for Edwards! Digby questions his motives, but nevertheless this is a much more interesting story than the one Drudge and Simon crowed about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home