The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Late-Night Link Dump

--Sarah Palin will not meet with investigators, as she had promised, as part of the 'Troopergate' investigation (she pressured the Public Safety Commissioner to fire a trooper who was in a custody battle with his ex-wife, Palin's sister, and when the Commish didn't fire the trooper, Palin fired the Commish). Note that this announcement comes from a McCain campaign spokesman, not someone of Palin's. This reminds me of that time a couple months ago when the US Army trotted out Iraqi PM Maliki's spokesperson and had him pretend that Maliki didn't express support for Obama's 16-month withdrawal plan. Hmm, doesn't seem that honest to me! As Olbermann put it earlier tonight, “It is like installing a giant neon sign over her head saying, ‘I’m hiding something.’”

--This whole McCain-is-a-liar thing is catching on! Even the insufferable longtime McCain suckup Richard Cohen of the Washington Post has turned on him. Ouch.

--Like I said, catching on: The DNC has put together a one-stop warehouse of McCain's lies debunked. (h/t ae)

--David Brooks writes a column causing me to simultaneously pat him on the back for valuing prudence over lipstick and want to gag myself for his almost epidemic need to classify people. (almost?)

--I'll leave it to others much more qualified than I to sift through the wreckage of this week's banking implosions, but the obvious silver lining here is that maybe -- just maybe! -- this will shift both the campaign, and more importantly the coverage of the campaign, back toward the issues, particularly the economy, certainly not where Mr. "I don't understand the economy as well as I should" wants it to be. Especially since top McCain economic adviser Phil Gramm played a central role in enacting the deregulations that allowed the mortgage crisis and banking implosions to occur in the first place. And they're the ones who are supposed to reform the economy? If you believe that, I've got a Bridge to... er, Somewhere to sell you.

--One last Palin link, then I'm off the Mooseburger beat for a couple days.

Sarah Palin: "All babies want to get borned! All babies want to get borned!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home