The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Sunday, June 12, 2005

...WE CAME IN?

I don't care what anybody says, a Pink Floyd reunion is always a good idea. I hope the performance is a success, and I hope it leads to a tour.

Speaking as a college student (for the last time in a while?), a lot of people in every generation since the mid 1970's have gone through a Floyd phase. Dark Side of the Moon spreads through dorms and adjacent student shelving unit towns like gossip, hashish and herpes simplex. "Wish You Were Here" is an eternal beer-and-pot-enfused campfire singalong. (By the way, I'm in the "Syd sucks" camp of Floyd fans. If I want meaningless jibberish lyrics, I'll listen to Beck, thank you very much)

Anyway, slightly aged or no, it would be a great thing if these later generations had a chance to see the classic lineup in concert.

Isn't this where...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home