The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Monday, June 28, 2004

WALL BLOGGING

I'm a compulsive room decorator. Whenever I move, I'm never at home until I've made my poster&clipping-related imprint on my personal space.

I just moved into a new room at an undisclosed location in Berkeley (unless you recognize the paint job on the walls, that is), and true to form, I have taken a variety of my posters and clippings (mostly music-related) and saturated the walls.

I did this with my room from my family's house when I was younger, and I even catalogued it on my archaic Geocities website years ago.

Now, just for the hell of it, I'm going to do it again. Dig my four walls...



North Wall
Top row (L to R): Weezer, Grateful Dead (with Jerry just below), Tool, Ben Folds Five, my production of Jesus Christ Superstar, Howard Dean.
Below left shelf: Julian Casablancas, Ryan Adams, Dave Matthews, The Strokes, George Carlin, Elvis&Nixon, Talking Heads, John Lennon, Kurt Cobain, Eddie Vedder, UCSB pennant, Cake, Bill Clinton & Paul McCartney, Ben Folds.
Edge of East Wall: The Strokes, Bob Dylan, MoveOn flyer.



West Wall
Left of the door: Weezer, Pink Floyd, Lennon Murphy (signed), Eddie Vedder, John Lennon, Jerry Garcia, Talking Heads, The Onion, John Kerry sticker, Prince.
Right of the door: Beatles, David Byrne, This Island Earth (production still)



Bed Area (partial):
Map of USA, Nelly Furtado, Natalie Portman (as close as you get to pinups I suppose), myself & Laurie, John Lennon, Beck.



Windows / East Wall:
Gore-Lieberman sign (with Lieberman covered), Beck, David Letterman, Bill Clinton… oh, and I think that’s Jack’s blog on my computer.

I'll probably add more by the end of the summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home