The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Monday, January 12, 2004

NFL PLAYOFF UPDATE

Not a bad set of games, eh?

Somewhere, in an alternate universe, I can see Jeff Garcia throwing a dead-duck interception very similar to the one thrown by Brett Favre on Sunday evening.

Anyway, I didn't change my Divisional Playoff picks because I nailed all 4 Wild Card games so the team lineup didn't change.

This week I went 3 for 4. The Rams did their darnedest to fight their way back into the game on Saturday, but it's all good, especially since I despise them.

Let's make a new round of picks, for the Conference Championship Games (again, home team in CAPS):
AFC:
Indianapolis 30, NEW ENGLAND 27 . . . I had the Pats winning this game before, but after seeing the way Peyton Manning has played these last couple of games, I'd be a foo' to bet against him. Dungy gets his Super Bowl.

NFC:
PHILADELPHIA 23, Carolina 20 (overtime) . . . Another cold-weather classic, with McNabb sputtering, falterting, but ultimately redeeming himself in the end.
I'll reserve my Super Bowl pick when the dust settles after the coming weekend's games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home