The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Wednesday, December 10, 2003

I'M BEHIND BY ABOUT 2,789,068

From America's finest news source:
NEW YORK—Citing curiosity as his primary motive, Bill Clinton typed his own name into the popular search engine Google.com during a lull in his daily activities, the former president reported Monday.

"I had no idea I would get 2,790,000 results!" Clinton said while seated before the Apple PowerBook in his Harlem office. "Besides all the news articles, there were encyclopedia entries, links to Amazon for books about me, and tons of photos, too. I even came across some frame captures from those Rock The Vote shows I did back in 1992. I'm going to take a couple of those and make them my desktop picture, once I figure out how to tile them."

Although Clinton said he'd always assumed there was material about him on the Internet, his busy schedule prevented him from exploring it sooner.

"When I was president, people would sometimes mention an article about me on Slate or CNN.com, but I was too busy to read about myself then," Clinton said. "Out of the blue, though, I thought I'd just see what was out there in cyberspace about me. I'd just been sitting around playing online Mah Jongg, anyway. "

"I never knew there was a Bill Clinton Joke-A-Day site," Clinton said after opening his Internet browser, typing in "Bill Clinton," and clicking the "I'm feeling lucky" button.
Actually, the lucky button goes to his bio, kinda like that miserable failure guy.

My favorite touch is the picture Clinton has on his wall behind him, hehehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home