The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Thursday, September 25, 2003

WESLEY CLARK

...hasn't said a single thing that really sets him apart from any of the other major candidates. The only difference seems to be packaging: he's a southern military man.

Now, of course there's nothing wrong with being either of those things. But it makes me ponder something my favorite comedian, Eddie Izzard, said in 1999's "Dress to Kill", being that 70% of a performance comes down to the look, 20% is how you sound, and only 10% is what you actually say. Sure, I coulda gone straight to the "no one ever went broke underestimating..." quotes, but I just have to be different. Anyway, what an interesting country we live in.

[But Izzard is a Brit! -ed Yeah, but he was talking about our national anthem.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home