The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Saturday, September 20, 2003

WES' LIONEL HUTZ MOMENT

Dream-candidate Wesley Clark: "Oh wait, remember how I said I would have voted for Bush's Iraq resolution? Well, when I said that, I meant that I would never vote for Bush's Iraq resolution!"

And the Hutz moment? From yesterday, here:
The most surreal moment came when the Iraq questions were getting tougher, and Clark called for his press aide Mary Jacoby. "Mary, help!" the retired general cried, in a moment that could define him, and not as the tough military leader his supporters tout him as. The soothing Jacoby reminded Clark, "You said you would have voted for the resolution as leverage for a U.N.-based solution."

"Right," Clark responded. "Exactly."

"Kids, help"

Worse than Hutz, I'm pretty surey Bush had a similar moment during his 2000 campaign, though I'm pretty sure it culminated in him telling the press that "Condi Rice is shaking her head in agreement".

At this point, I still see no reason to get off the Dean bandwagon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home