The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Thursday, June 19, 2003

TOTAL RECALL?

Yesterday, walkin through "the" plaza, I was among many who signed a counter-petition, opposing Rep Issa's $800,000 effort to recall Governor Davis. Of course, there's nothing practical or legal that such a counter-petition could accomplish, though it is an important symbolic gesture. 31 recall attempts in California down the drain, hopefully this is one more.

I'm not the biggest Davis fan, but Republicans across the country are stricken with an affliction centering around disrespect for the electoral will of the people.

Anyway...

While thinking about the anti-recall campaign, it suddenly hit me. We can use the words of a certain former Governor of California against Issa and the gang! How's this for a poster:

"I don't recall"

If he doesn't, why should you?

Stop the recall
Well, he said it! Didn't he? Sure, it was about, you know, that whole selling weapons to those evil, evil Iranians (about whom now many conservatives are complaining, my how the chickens ever come to roost, dont they!). But it'll do!

UPDATE: Yes, I know that the title of this post is shared with that of an Ah-nuld movie, and that makes it, well, ironic. But let's put it this way: it was a good Ah-nuld movie.

UPDATE UPDATE: I do not mean to say anything about our former Governor, President and Birch Society member's current physical condition. My quoting him as having said "I don't recall" regarding selling arms to Iran, etc, would be the same as quoting him saying "Well..." at a press conference. Again, it was not my intent to make fun of anyone's current physical condition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home