The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Thursday, June 12, 2003

THIS BLOG IS FOR PEOPLE WITH SHORT ATTENTION SPANS? OH COME ON, WE WON TWO PEABODY AWARDS!

BuzzFlash interviews Al Franken.

Today is moving day, as TFM "Official" Headquarters will be shifting 325 miles north, to the south side of Berkeley, for the summer. I'd say where exactly, but, you know, I don't want certain people punching holes in my wall or attempting to sell me hundred dollar cookies to make a "point" of some sort.

Now I promised myself I wouldn't get sentimental (and when was the last time you really read a blogger being sentimental?), but it has been a happy and productive year down here at Jack Johnson University. I've had nine months surrounded by film majors, yet I am proud to say my tastes have not grown the slightest bit more pretentious, and I probably still can't use the word "postmodern" in a sentence. Now I must make the momentous shift from Freebirds burritos to La Burrita ones. Freebirds is open 24/7, if only I could say the same for that little slice of heaven on Durant.

Okay, that's enough outta me, I have to go load the TFM-mobile with three guitars, two boxes of frosted mini wheats, one subwoofer, two old Clinton-for-president shirts, about eight guitars, and of course, two hand-carved wooden baboons from northern Zimbabwe. And don't worry, they don't have VD.

Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home