The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Friday, June 06, 2003

ANYONE CAN MAKE LISTS OF RADIOHEAD SONGS

To waste some time, and to psych everyone else up for the impending release of Radiohead's Hail to the Thief, I shall do a few things:

1) Link to Rollingstone's reasonably accurate 4-star review of HTTT
2) Link to a characteristically cynical and contrarian-for-sport discussion of Radiohead between to music critics at Slate this week. And, inspired by the thursday entry by Sasha Frere-Jones, I present my
3) Radiohead Ultimate Mix CD...

Sasha picked 17 songs, so I will do the same. Also, I'm not picking anything from Pablo Honey, and no, not even that. Where I depart from her is in my attempt at listening flow being valued above chronological order; no two consecutive songs come fromt he same album. Okee, heregoes:
1. Airbag
2. The Bends
3. The National Anthem
4. Subeterranean Homesick Alien
5. You and Whose Army
6. Morning Bell
7. High and Dry
8. 2+2=5
9. Everything in its Right Place
10. Paranoid Android
11. Sit Down Stand Up
12. Packt Like Sardines in a Chrushd Tin Box
13. Fake Plastic Trees
14. There There
15. Optimistic
16. Lucky
17. Pyramid Song
Actually, this sounds pretty good, I think I'll make a copy of this for myself.

You'll notice 3 songs from HTTT in there. I was a bad boy and did the downloading thing, but I'm gonna be a good capitalist (ironic considering Thom's politics) and buy the thing on tuesday. Anyway, my review will be posted here soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home