The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Monday, March 31, 2003

HOW INTERESTING!

I am in the middle of a home recording project, rerecording half of the songs from Hedwig & the Angry Inch. I finished "Tear Me Down" today (playing all of the instruments as usual), and will start work on four more songs soon. I just started this project within the last few days, but lo and behold, I've been beaten to the punch!
The pairing of Yoko Ono and Yo La Tengo leads the all-star list of contributors to Wig in a Box: Songs From "Hedwig and the Angry Inch", a charity collection of covers from the movie due in October from Off Records. Other contributors include Rufus Wainwright, the Breeders, Cyndi Lauper, Jonathan Richman, the pairing of Sleater-Kinney and the B-52s' Fred Schneider, and the trio of Ben Kweller, Ben Folds and Ben Lee (performing as "the Bens"). More artists are expected to participate.
Wow, most excellent. Apparently, though, They Might Be Giants is covering "The Long Grift", ouch. Though since the album comes out in October, I should be done long before then, hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home