The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Monday, December 30, 2002

I've been trying to explain to people my reasons for not drinking for a long while. I have personal reasons, quasi-moral reasons (not really, but sorta), and the simple "i dont need it to have a full life" deal. Then again, here's a complicating factor in addition:
LONDON (Reuters) - Cracking open the New Year bubbly could contribute to the first feline extinction since the prehistoric Saber-tooth tiger, wildlife campaigners said on Friday.

Lynxes in Spain and Portugal are becoming critically endangered as their cork-forest habitat dwindles.

With demand waning for traditional corks in favor of synthetic stoppers in wine and champagne, farmers are felling the cork forests to make way for more profitable crops and the pointy-eared Iberian lynx could become one of the casualties
I suppose this isn't as much a matter of whether to drink, but a matter of if you drink, make sure you do so in a traditional matter, and not upset the balance with little synthetic impostor "corks". Nevertheless, people of Spain, use real cork! I want to see a lynx before I die!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home