The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

OUR NEXT GOVERNOR?



From a reflexive standpoint, I'm not immediately opposed to the idea of a Warren Beatty gubernatorial candidacy. Ezra Klein seems psyched about the idea, to the extent that he's looking to buy draftwarren.com.

Of the candidates I've heard anything about so far, I like what I've heard from Phil Angelides, currently the State Treasurer. However, my warning about his candidacy is that we tried a competency vs flash campaign last year on a national scale, and we came up short, in spite of a mountain on reasons not to re-elect Dubya. Let's fight fire with fire, perhaps?

For a taste of Warren, check out the speech he delivered at the commencement ceremony for UC Berkeley's Goldman School of Public Policy. (there's a video link included)

And not that it matters, but... Annette Benning is a lot more attractive than frail Maria.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home