The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

BRIEF LOCAL DEMOCRATS INTERLUDE

TFM offers its congratulations to Ben Sheldon-Tarzynski, the newly elected President of UCSB Campus Democrats for the 2005-2006 school year. The club will be in very capable hands, and will continue to be an electoral force in the greater region.

Campus Dems were the driving force behind the area's rejection of Ahhnuld-supported stooge Bob Pohl in the race for the local State Assembly seat, won by Democrat Pedro Nava. And yes, given his name, some of us Democrats did wear those campy "vote for pedro" shirts. We're the best-organized college Democratic Party group in the state, and while I only became active in it later on in my college career, I will miss it.

I will also be performing at their end-of-year banquet on the 24th, hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home