The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

ARRR WARS, EPISODE III

Anyone else find it odd that the first action by the federal government against a Torrent site was instigated mainly by a movie that made more money than God last weekend, and will probably become one of the top 5-10 box office hits of all time?

And while we're on the subject of Revenge of the Sith, I have a little theory to share. I think that the awful exchange between Padme and Anakin in their penthouse apartment was based, loosely, on the central ballad from Rogers & Hammerstein's Cinderella. Consider:
Do I love you because you're beautiful?
Or are you beautiful because I love you?
So for George Lucas, it wasn't mere clunkiness. It was an ode to one of the most stale unimaginative prolific theatrical songwriting teams in American history! Albeit a clunky one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home