The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Sunday, January 30, 2005

DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ. THE FINAL FRONTIER...

Split infinitive alert! Headline in the print edition of today's SF Chronicle:
Iraqis boldly vote despite steady violence
My blanket sentiment about the Iraqi election is that I hope it all ends well, and that the higher the turnout is over a wider variety of the population, the better. For coverage and personal takes, check out Juan, Ezra, Yglesias, Kevin (who guesses at the potential makeup of the resulting assembly), and for the even less optimistic I suppose, Wolcott and Jen from Gilliard's blog, and lastly a detailed on-the-scene recounting from Christopher Allbritton.

(sorry about my absentee-ism as of late, been busy, and will resume normal operations tomorrow)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home