The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

UNCLE!

In my little way, I've been trying to counteract the rhetorical trends of our current political discourse.

I always say "tax cut" instead of "tax relief".

I do my best to say "late-term" and not "partial birth abortion", of which there is no such thing. And it's always "pro choice", not "pro abortion".

The "death tax" is always "the estate tax". Death happens to everybody, and only .5% of "estates" get taxed upon the owner's death.

And so on.

Nevertheless, yes Tommaso, I will pick up a copy of Lakoff's new one when I have a chance.

The comment thread from the linked post is a fun read. Of course, anyone who points to Mark Halperin's memo as some sort of example of "liberal bias" has, in Polish Prime Minister Kwasniewski's words, been taken "for a ride".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home