The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Sunday, August 22, 2004

NEOCON OLYMPIC UPDATE
&
PASSIVE HIATUS


Let's do another "Coalition Vs." medal count update. Once again, we're using the official Olympic site for medals, and the White House page for coalition members. Up up and away!
THE IRAQ COALITION:
United States - 57
Japan - 26
Australia - 32
Italy - 20
Romania - 11
Ukraine - 13
South Korea - 20
Great Britain - 19
Netherlands - 17
Hungary - 8
Turkey - 4
Poland - 7
Slovakia - 5
Georgia - 3
Bulgaria - 7
Ethiopia - 2
Denmark - 6
Spain - 7
Czech Republic - 6
Portugal - 2
Estonia - 2
Lithuania - 1
Azerbaijan - 2
Colombia - 1
Eritrea - 1
Mongolia - 1
TOTAL: 280

EVERYONE ELSE:
China - 46
Germany - 31
France - 23
Russia - 36
Greece - 8
Sweden - 4
Thailand - 4
Chile - 3
New Zealand - 2
Norway - 2
Canada - 4
Indonesia - 4
South Africa - 4
Zimbabwe - 3
Belgium - 3
Brazil - 3
Switzerland - 2
United Arab Emirates - 1
Austria - 5
North Korea - 4
Cuba - 8
Croatia - 4
Slovenia - 3
Chinese Taipei - 2
Finland - 1
Hong Kong - 1
India - 1
Kazakhstan - 1
Kenya - 1
Serbia - 1
Argentina - 1
Jamaica - 1
Trinidad/Tobago - 1
TOTAL: 218
Percentage-wise the field is gaining on the coalition, though the coalition has extended its lead in sheer number of medals. Also China, a non-member, is alone in the lead for total gold medals.

NOTE: Israel has one medal in this Olympiad, yet is not listed on the White House's coalition roster. I didn't think adding them to "everyone else" was exactly right, so add one medal where you think it is appropriate.

I'm going on a bit of a hiatus. I am in a transitional phase in my life (let's keep Dr Phil out of this), and I'm a tad too introspective to be throwing myself into the news cycle right now. I'm guessing the Republican National Convention will re-energize me, but I wouldn't expect anything here this week. For those who like a diary-esque online element, I started a LiveJournal (passively "dragged" into it by a friend, hehe), and I will be updating that.

Have a good week, enjoy the fine blogs linked on the left of this site, and I'll see you all soon.

UPDATE: It appears that Jack liked my idea so much he bought the company! I suppose he can take it from here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home