The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Sunday, May 02, 2004

I had a very long fake House Rules Committee meeting tonight, and it has sapped my energy for blogging. I will be fake floor manager for two fake bills in Wednesday's fake session, portraying fake Dennis Kucinich.

You know, it's interesting playing a Congressman that 1) other students had previously heard of and 2) other students adore the views of. On three occasions in the past week, I've had three different fake Democratic representatives come up to me and tell me what they think I should do, on the grounds of "hey, you're Kucinich, you're supposed to be...". Part of me gets really cynical about this, especially at the tail-end of hour 3 of a committee meeting. "Really? I'm a staunch supporter of environmental protection and alternative energy sources? Thanks!"

The best thing for me to do, I suppose, is to calm down and appreciate how cute everyone is being.

Of course, if it really bothered me, I could just not show up half the time, citing "my ongoing presidential campaign." I doubt I'd get marked down for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home