The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Monday, April 12, 2004

EVERYBODY, GO BACK TO YOUR LIVES

Looks like the McCain VP fantasy is over. From yesterday's Meet the Press:
SEN. McCAIN: When my kids were smaller, my wife used to wear a T-shirt that said, "What part of no don't you understand?" I'd like to start wearing that T-shirt myself. No, no and no. I will not leave the Republican Party. I cherish the ideals and principles of Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan. I will not be vice president of the United States under any circumstances. I feel I can be far more effective in helping shape policy in the future of this country as a United States senator, and I will not, I will not, stand for vice president of the United States.

MR. RUSSERT: What if you could stay as a Republican?

SEN. McCAIN: It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. I will not. I will not change.
Obviously, the Moonie Times and others are overjoyed by this news, not necessarily because a Kerry-McCain ticket would be potentially very damaging to Bush and the Republican Party, but rather because this will give them the chance to resume their usual Hillary speculation regimen. Those damn power-hungry Clintons!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home