The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Thursday, April 08, 2004

CONDIMONY

Well, I woke up at 5:58 this morning. And I went back to sleep at 9:05, getting up again at 10:25 for a class at 11.

I repeat, whose idea was it for the testimony to be so damn early? At least in the western half of the country. There was to be no other testimony given today, so there's no reason there couldn't have been a 12 Eastern, 9AM Pacific start. This means that around half the nation won't have been able to see or hear the testimony as it occurred, meaning that their impressions of Condi's words will be somewhat more subject to the spin the media puts on them.

Gee, if the White House had a say in what time Condi went before the panel, they're putting an awful lot of faith in the media. That would kinda cut all these claims of a liberal media bias, dontcha think?

Anyway, my general impression from her testimony is that she didn't blow up.

And I swear, regarding the August 6 PDB -- a source of contention in numerous panelists' questions -- the more I hear from how about how it was a "historical document" (a claim she herself contradicted during Kerrey's questioning), the more I thought of these guys:


"In the years since we first received transmission of your historical documents, we have studied every facet of your missions and strategies."

Anyway, the Center For American Progress has a pretty extensive fact check of Condi's testimony up -- already! -- so you can pretty easily separate the bullshit from the kinda-bullshit. For starters, she repeated the lie about not having known that terrorists could have used planes as weapons. There's plenty more where that came from.

I will say this, she really has the Bush-Russert filibuster style down pat.

And Ms Coulter: Just because I am critical of Rice's testimony, it does not mean that I'm a racist, so don't bother, m'kay?

But of course, Bush thought Condi was "terrific".

UPDATE: and from Jesse, here's some Condi haiku poetry.

NOTE: Today is a travel day for TFM, as I head off to an undisclosed location until sunday evening, so posting will be sporadic for the next few days. Click on links in the "gray area" on the left for more bloggy (and otherwise) goodness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home