The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Sunday, March 28, 2004

HEAR ME ROCK

I finally got a chance to do some recording today, after nearly 10 months without finishing a project, which is unheard of for me.

I ended up with two completed songs. One is a hard-rock remake of a song I wrote over a year ago, "Where You Are", which I will make available to everybody at some point. (though if you email, it can be available right now)

The other song is a new composition, called "Mika", an ode to my best friend who is on a Peace Corps mission in Togo. Well, at least she was when I wrote the song (since its conception, she chose to return home early for a variety of reasons). You can download the song at the following link (right-click and choose "save target as"):
Brendan Getzell - Mika (4:41, 4.4 mb)
It can also be found by going to my archaic GeoCities homepage. Since I uploaded it there, and I have no other place at the moment to make my songs available for download (since mp3.com is down), and since I'm a cheapskate, you might encounter a blurb about my data transfer being exhausted. Just give it a little while and try again later, it should work.

The song is kind of a JeffBuckley-meets-DaveMatthews hybrid, filtered through my own loose, melodic, emotional style. It was recorded in my room on Saturday evening, with all sounds made by me. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home