The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Monday, September 29, 2003

GET 'FACED FAST!

Marshall has a transcript of today's White House press briefing, with Scott McClellan trying to fend off the feeding frenzy on Traitorgate.

If you want to seriously damage your liver, you should play the "The Department of Justice is the appropriate agency to look into this matter" Drinking Game!

There's even a Johnny Tightlips moment about midway through:
QUESTION: You spoke specifically -- you spoke to Rove specifically about this matter, correct?

McCLELLAN: I'm sorry?

QUESTION: You spoke to Rove specifically about this matter? You asked him whether or not he was the leaker, or --

McCLELLAN: I don't know what the relevance of getting into every private conversation, John -- is, John. I've made it very clear that it's simply not true.

QUESTION: Based on what?

QUESTION: Based on what?

QUESTION: What are you basing -- what are you --

McCLELLAN: Someone asked me if I had spoken with him, and I said, yes.

QUESTION: And you spoke with him about this issue?

QUESTION: Did you ask him, directly?

McCLELLAN: I have spoken with him, yes.

QUESTION: But the President hasn't spoken with him directly about this issue? You have and the President hasn't?

McCLELLAN: Go ahead, Keith.

QUESTION: Well, that was the question.

McCLELLAN: I'm sorry?

QUESTION: You spoke directly with Rove about this?

McCLELLAN: I have spoken -- I speak to him all the time, on a lot of things.

"I heard lots of things"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home