The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Saturday, May 17, 2003

I WAS GOING TO SAY

In my previous post, on Matrix Reloaded and highway 101, I mentioned that I was going to talk about the SF skyline, which I forgot to do.

I just read Richard DeLeon's Left Coast City, on San Francisco politics from 1975 to 1991, for a political science class. The landmark accomplishment of the slow-growth antiregime in San Francisco, along with Art Agnos' election as mayor (which turned out not to be as great as it could have been), was the passage of Proposition M, which slowed the growth of new downtown construction to a mere drip.

However, looking at what the W brothers did to the SF skyline during the freeway scene, it sure looks as if the machines repealed that law!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home