The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Saturday, March 15, 2003

HERE'S YOUR IRAQ-AL QAEDA CONNECTION, DUBYA



Saturday is another big protest day around the nation and the world, but the weekend's events come with an interesting twist. Sunday night, 7pm local time, MoveOn is organizing a global vigil for peace.

At this moment, there are over 4300 candlelight vigils scheduled in 113 countries. Follow the link, select your country and then your zip code, and you will see the list of local vigils with which you can register.

On friday I discussed my inner conflict about direct action protests, but I am 100%, without a doubt, pro-vigil. I think there is a profound rhetorical significance to the idea of a nationwide and worldwide candlelight vigil to protest a possible war in Iraq. Why? 9/11, that's why. There were spontaneous vigils all over the nation and world after that awful morning. I participated in a couple, I might add. Bush, or more importantly middle America, will see that the very same sentiment and actions are being employed directly against the aims of the adminstration and other likewise warmongers. I am an optimistic lad, but I don't think I can be terribly faulted for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home