The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Saturday, January 11, 2003

PRO-LIFE, IN THE REAL SENSE

To me, it doesn't matter whether or not outgoing Illinois Governor George Ryan did what he did to deflect attention from possible corruption charges stemming from his time as Secretary of State. And to those who think that factored in, I'm inclined to disagree; I think he took a personal, moral stand against the fundamental unfairness of the current system of capital punishment.

Thus, kudos to you, Governor Ryan. You took a real step in taking a fresh look at the (stupid, immoral, vengeful) death penalty in America, as opposed to the fake steps which Sandra Day O'Connor recently said she was taking. Longtime TFM readers will remember my commentary about that. For some reason, I can't locate it in my archives. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home