The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Wednesday, December 11, 2002

THE TRUTH ABOUT BUSH & IRAQ



Go Janeane Garofalo!
GAROFALO: I think the mainstream media has been guilty of under- reporting a vast and growing peace movement. I've been attending some peace rallies for months and months now. And every time you read about them in the paper, it under-reports how many people. I'm not accusing you on this point. I'm saying I'm skeptical about

(CROSSTALK)

CHUNG: Are you saying we're actually counting these people and misrepresenting how many people are there?

GAROFALO: No, I'm saying you are probably actually undercounting these people. And, again, we are getting off point for that.

(...)

GAROFALO: I don't understand the rush to war that puts Americans in further danger. It's going to put Israel and Palestine in more escalated danger. I just don't -- I feel the mainstream media has decided it's real ratings coup to be excited about war. That's me as a citizen talking. You are skeptical.

(...)

GAROFALO: And, actually, like I said, I really feel that there's something wrong again with the mainstream media, to keep using that phrase. I feel, again, as a citizen, I'm just not getting any information. And all I keep hearing is war, war, war. It's this showdown in Iraq. It's this very aggressive and inflammatory and dangerous rhetoric that is pouring out of U.S. televisions.

And the innocent Iraqi people are not Saddam Hussein, you know? A lot of innocent Iraqis will suffer if we have a military strike against Iraq, and Americans as well, and Israelis and Palestinians.

CHUNG: Janeane Garofalo, Mike Farrell.

[MIKE] FARRELL: Hear, hear. Hear, hear.

GAROFALO: Thanks, Mike.
I've always had tons of respect for her (going back to the short-lived Ben Stiller Show, remember that?), but she's off the charts right now. When was the last time you heard our side in the Iraq situation represented on CNN?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home