The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Tuesday, December 03, 2002

THOSE ROLLING HILLS OF ISLA VISTA

Ok good, so it's just mountain biking then.
CHICAGO (AP) - Frequent mountain-biking may reduce fertility in men, according to a small Austrian study that adds fodder to a debate over cycling and male sexual function.

The research suggests frequent jolts and vibration caused by biking over rough terrain may cause abnormalities, including small scars within the scrotum and impaired sperm production.

The abnormalities were found in professional mountain bikers and other "extreme" bikers who logged at least 3,000 miles yearly — or an average of more than two hours a day, six days a week.
I had heard about this possible link, but my theory was that the problem was blocking of bloodflow to the male reproductive organs. So it's all those bumps then. I'll start lobbying for the city fathers of Goleta to get down here and repave the roads.

Until then, I'm leaving my boys in a jar when I go out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home