The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Monday, December 02, 2002

TFM IN GUINESS BOOK!

My ol' high school, San Mateo High School, is in the Guiness Book of World Records, for the 1999 canned food drive. Not to toot my own horn (or can) here, but I was in the class of 99, so that puts me in the Guiness Book. Go 99! Here are the details, from former Student Gov't advisor Debby Martin:
The food drive is in the 2003 Guinness book of World Records! We’re in the Inspirational People section on page 23 just above Rudy Giuliani’s picture. It’s for the 1999 drive which was topped in both 2000 and 2001. Last year, the students collected over 63,500 lbs of food and over $68,000 (for an adjusted total of 337,144 lbs with each dollar representing 4 pounds as it has been since we began accepting money).
Yes! I always wanted to be on top of a bad combover!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home