The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Friday, December 20, 2002

LETTERMAN SUMS UP THE ENTIRE MEDIA FOR US!

A Late Show with David Letterman "writer" tells us, on the show, his dissatisfaction with Al Gore's decision not to run for president in 2004:
"I'd like to direct my comments to Mister Gore himself. Al, like millions of Americans I am disappointed by your decision, but my disappointment is different from that felt by most. See, I'm a 58-year-old comedy writer, who's just too tired to work very hard. With you, we had a well-defined set of cliches: You're boring. You can't stop kissing your wife. For a while you were fat. You grew a crazy beard, and well, you're boring. If you're not in the race, I and other writers will have to learn about new candidates, and spend a lot of time writing new jokes, some of which might not even be cliches. Please, Al, reconsider..."
I wonder if Dave and his writers know that they could be talking about the American media in general, and not just comedy writers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home