The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Monday, October 07, 2002

From Buzzflash, a retelling of the other day's protest in my fair city of San Francisco:

I had never attended a rally as big as today's. I have no idea exactly how many people congregated in Union Square, but I estimate it at somewhere between 4 - 5,000. The crowd completely filled the square, and the streets and sidewalks on all four sides of the square were packed with people. Many people were on roof tops and hanging out of windows in buildings overlooking the square.


I remember going to an anti-GulfWar protest in 91 with my family, a chant I remember was "Send George Bush, Send Dan Quayle, Send Neil Bush when he gets out of jail!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home