The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Monday, October 07, 2002

IS THIS THE BEST YOU CAN DO, CONSERVATIVES?

While randomly surfing the net, I stumbled on a piece in Townhall.com (where "the conservative movement starts"!... right). It was the transcript of a speech by a fellow named Bruce Bartlett entitled "Conservative Pop Music: the Top 40 of the Top 40".

I'd be a bit hesitant to take advice on pop music from a guy who looks like this, particularly from a guy who looks like this but also has been a member of the Heritage Foundation.

Anyway, browsing through his list . . . Paul Anka . . . Neil Diamond . . . Lee Greenwood . . . Judy Collins . . . Kenny Rogers . . . I'd have to say dude, you'll have to do a lot better than that! Also, I believe that Bartlett has taken some serious liberties in his interpretation of the Beatles' "Revolution". I'd counter him with these lines:

But if you want money for people with minds that hate,
All I can tell you is brother you have to wait


Bruce Bartlett worked in the Treasury department during the Bush-41 years. If he remembers the 1992 presidential campaign, he should take a look at the tape of 41 basically giving the "young whippersnappers" talk to Tabitha Soren while on a train on MTV.

Don't stop thinking about tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home