The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Saturday, June 25, 2005

THE TFM SATURDAY SHUFFLE

Weezer - Peace
Ben Folds - Rock This Bitch
Head Automatica - King Caesar
Bruce Springsteen - My City of Ruins
Fiona Apple - Not About Love
Cake - Satan Is My Motor
Modest Mouse - The View
Beatles - The Night Before
Radiohead - Go to Sleep
Flaming Lips - Ego Tripping at the Gates of Hell

When I do this, my rule is to not stop until I've completed a shuffle where no band or artist is repeated within the ten songs. Trouble is, my iTunes library has a handful of complete catalogs in it, so this can take a while sometimes.

Three cheers for that Head Automatica song, which is one of the better anti-Bush tunes I've heard. Fiona's "Not About Love", from the embargoed Extraordinary Machine has some dazzling interplay between her piano and a lively string section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home