The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Josh Braun cast his vote in an actual, real-life swing state, Pennsylvania. Snippets from our conversation:
Swing state, man. I'm a swinger. Woo hoo!...

I heard one of the poll workers saying something to the effect that poll watchers weren't allowed until 2 hours after the polls had opened. I dunno if I heard him right or what that would mean...

Polls opened here at 7 and the line threatens to be horrendous. I had appointments to make, so I decided to be first to the polls...

They got some of the signs in my building wrong - the address is 3609 and they printed 3906. I corrected it when I got back...

[The method of voting] was a real pain in the ass. It was push button, but they put the big laminate sheet of paper with the candidates over the whole front of the machine, so the buttons were underneath the paper and you had to kind of feel around for them. It was like working the bubbles from underneath a piece of tape or something...

Alright! Josh Braun reporting from Philadelphia. We'll check in with you later. Back to you Brendan.
Thanks, Josh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home