The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

BRIEF SPORTS/HOMESTAR INTERLUDE

My relationship with the world of visual media has been generally adversarial lately, as in "I've barely turned on the TV in a week."

Yet for about 15 unexpected seconds, I thought things might be turning around.

Randomly flipping on the television after returning from class this evening (around 6:50pm), I came across a college football game between Toledo and Northern Illinois (I think). Holding back tears at the association of Toledo with the state of Ohio in general (guess that must be my lefty emotionalism, hehe), I came across something odd.

Between plays, the rhythm section of the Northern Illinois University marching band was playing a swift beat, nothing out of the ordinary. Then, suddenly, the mic-man began repeating the following, in a high voice:
"do-DOOO do-DOOO do-do
do-DOOO do-DOOO do-do
do-DOOO do-DOOO do-do
do-DOOO do-DOOO do-do..."
Wait a minute... that sounds familiar. And then:
"The system... is down!
The system... is down!
Aha!

Yes, the Northern Illinois mic-man was singing the StrongBad techno. On ESPN2.

For the uninitiated, here you go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home