The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Thursday, October 21, 2004

SOMEONE GOT TO TURN THE PAGE

Kevin links to Reason Magazine's "Who are well-known libertarians voting for?" thingy for the upcoming election.

First of all, it seems that in an effort to beef up the list, a capital "L" isn't a requirement.

However, in going through the list I came across a disturbing discovery.

John Perry Barlow, longtime Grateful Dead lyricist, is a Libertarian? Gah?

Maybe I'm right that they're casting a very wide net; after all, Barlow cast his 2000 vote for John Hagelin because "I discovered, in the voting booth, that a friend of mine was his vice presidential candidate". And he says he's voting for Kerry two weeks from now.

But still, come on, you're telling me that the guy who wrote "Throwing Stones" is a Libertarian? (Or at least a libertarian?)

Frankly, I'm shaken... nearly stirred.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home