The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Friday, October 15, 2004

I'M STILL TECHNICALLY DONE

That being said, I would like to highlight a pair of important posts over at Pandagon on the matter.

Jesse:
[T]he commonly ascribed motivation for Kerry doing this is to appeal to Bush's natural base of anti-gay bigots. Even if this is what happened (it isn't), why is it okay for Bush to have these people's support (obviously, he's doing something which appeals to people who hate gays and lesbians), but not for Kerry to supposedly say something which appeals to them? It's okay for Bush to profit from homophobia, but not for Kerry?
And Ezra:
But I'm not sympathetic to the cries of outrage because the Kerry campaign was out of line, I'm sympathetic because goddamn that invocation of Mary Cheney must've hurt.
In both cases, the entirety of the post demands your attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home