The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Thursday, January 15, 2004

HOWARD DEAN'S RACE PROBLEM

At this point, a meager 50% of black candidates for President have wholly endorsed him.
Four days before the Iowa caucuses, Carol Moseley Braun dropped out of the race for the Democratic presidential nomination Thursday, and threw her support behind former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean.

"I am here today to thank those Iowans who were prepared to stand for me in Monday's caucuses and ask that you stand instead for Howard Dean," Braun said.

Braun was joined during her announcement by Dean and Iowa Sen. Tom Harkin.
Braun was polling at 1 percent in Iowa, but that, coupled with the Carter "endorsement", could make the difference for Dean, as the race in the first-in-the-nation caucus has become a virtual 4-way tie, with John Kerry holding a surprising 1-point lead.

I don't know how this will end up --frankly, I'm excited-- but if I had to predict, I'd say that Dean edges Kerry, and Gephardt, finishing in a surprising 3rd place, drops out soon after.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home