The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Dubya changes his tune -- slightly -- on Plamegate.
President Bush said Tuesday he has "no idea" whether the Justice Department will catch the person who disclosed an undercover CIA officer's identity. "This is a large administration," Bush said. (my emphasis)
Okay, but then he said...
"I don't know if we're going to find out the senior administration official," Bush said. "I don't have any idea. I'd like to. I want to know the truth."

Bush said: "I have no idea whether we'll find out who the leaker is."

But later, he seemed to contradict himself, pledging, "We'll find out." (again, my emphasis)
Okay, forget the apparent contradiction the wire reporter shows there. Yes, George, you do have a large administration. But you do say it's a senior administration official. There's only a handful of those! The size of the government doesn't matter! This could be a totalitarian government where the state has its hands in everything, but even if that were the case, the term "senior administration official" would apply only to a handful of people!

George, just make a few calls, and we'll have this all sorted out in time for bed. You'd even have time to write some more floral poetry for Laura.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home