The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Monday, September 08, 2003

GETTIN' OUT OF TUNE

Mister Durst, in the name of all that was good in rock, not to mention given the Puffy-sampling-"Kashmir" debacle, please stop.
In addition to the originals, Results features a cover of the Who's "Behind Blue Eyes." "I identify with the lyrics," Durst said, going on to relate it to his melancholy mood after his tabloid-documented fallout with Britney Spears. "I was in a weird state at the time."
Though I'm sure ol' Pete would love to get his hands on Britney, I don't think this was what he intended that song for.

I miss the good old days, when bands like Limp Bizkit had the good sense to do no more than title their songs after Who songs ("My Generation").

All this being said, I'm quite cool with covering decades-old music. While surely a cheap way to success and radio-play, many capable efforts in recent years have come about. Try me, I'll defend Adam Duritz singing Joni Mitchell any day of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home