The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Thursday, June 05, 2003

MEET THE NEW YORK TIMES . . . SAME AS THE OLD YORK TIMES

I wish it hadn't happened, if only because I didn't want to see some certain people have the satisfaction. But it comes anyway: Howell Raines is stepping down as Exec Editor at the New York Times.

Joseph Lelyveld, who had been the NYT Exec Editor from 1994 to 2001, returns to the job as the interim editor. Obviously, he arrives just in time to have Newt Gingrich's mother review Living History.

Clarification for conservatives: Speaking as a liberal, the New York Times is not necessarily my paper. Attacking it does not mean attacking me, and it certainly doesn't mean attacking Bill Clinton. Truthfully, the NYT is the least-bad paper in America. I could go on, but you get the idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home