The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Friday, April 04, 2003

MICHAEL KELLY KILLED IN IRAQ

I never liked Michael Kelly. My roomate is a devoted reader of and subscriber to the Atlantic, which took a marked turn to the right when Kelly assumed his editorship there. And over the years, Kelly used a disturbing amount of column space to unfairly attack Clinton and Gore, particularly the latter; Kelly did a lot to perpetuate the myth that Gore was a "liar" and was "uncomfortable in his own skin". Plus, he had been pushing hard for this war in his columns, so in a way his death is tinged with a shade of irony.

That being said, I mourn his death, just as I mourn for the loss of everyone killed in Iraq up to this date. He has a family, and TFM sends its condolences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home