The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Monday, April 14, 2003

DID I MISS A MEETING OR SOMETHING?

I flip between the three cable news networks, and they're all talking about Syria simultaneously. Actually 4 networks if you count the BBC feed on public tv.

I knew the economy was bad, but I didn't realize the Bushies needed a new diversion this quickly!

So far, we're (and by "we" of course, I mean "not me") talking about sanctions.
WASHINGTON - Triumphant in Iraq, the Bush administration looked across the border to Syria on Monday, accusing it of harboring remnants of Saddam Hussein's government and supporting terrorism. Secretary of State Colin Powell raised the possibility of diplomatic and economic sanctions.
Gee, Mr Powell, that's funny, cuz I'm noticing that we're taking remnants of Saddam's regime and giving them promotions.

Anyway, we'll watch this over the coming days weeks and months. At least this time we'll know that if the word "inspections" comes from anyone in the Bush adminstration, that they're completely and pre-emptively full of shit. Then we're on to Iran . . . Saudi Arabia . . . North Korea . . . umm, France . . . Germany . . . Russia . . . and hey, don't we have chemical weapons? Uh oh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home