The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Wednesday, November 06, 2002


STRANGE MOMENTS IN MSNBC RESULTS

I've known my Congressman, Tom Lantos (D-CA) since I was very young and he visited my elementary school. He's an immigrant Holocaust survivor, and the ranking member of the House International Relations Committee (he did vote for the Iraq resolution, though). And he always wins my old district.

This time around, his feeble opponent was Republican Michael "Bigot Holding Sign On Sidewalk" Moloney, and early returns showed Lantos to be trouncing him. Then suddenly, around 11pm pacific time, MSNBC's resuslts page showed this:
District 12
71% of precincts reporting
Michael Moloney (REP) 52%
Tom Lantos (DEM)* 43%
WHAT!?!?!?

(TFM paces around the living for a while, and checks out the Daily Show for comic relief)

When I returned a halfhour later, all was well again, for suddenly order was restored, as with 80-something percent of precincts reporting, Lantos was back up at 68%, with pathetic racist Moloney down at 25% where he belongs. Looks like we caught MSNBC's tight ship in an slight error there. Perhaps Pat Caddell ate some of the ballots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home