The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Thursday, November 14, 2002

NEW YEARS ROCKS!

If you're going to be in the Bay Area for New Year's Eve, and you're a fan of rock music, both past and present, then you're in luck. You have, at minimum, three choices:

-Guns n' Roses, at the HP Pavilion* in San Jose

-Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade, at the Fillmore

and a reintroduction of the old tradition,

-The Other Ones (Grateful Dead, minus Jerry), at the Oakland Arena

Of the three, I'd have to go to the Other Ones. Sorry Jess, you'll just have to call and tell me how Gn'R goes, hehe. (though given their new look/lineup, should they be called "Goth n' Roses"?)

As of yet, I'm not sure what my New Years plans are, but I'm sure they involve the wonderful LL. (...who is in the midst of finals and travelling in beautiful South Africa, and returns next monthness)

* Of all the hideous corporate names of sporting venues we have to deal with, HP Pavilion is by far the most clever, and given its locale (Silicon Valley), it's the one I can deal with the most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home