The Facts Machine

"And I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide"

Friday, November 22, 2002

THE BUSH-GORE ECHO EFFECT

Progressive Gold catches this little nugget from Liberal Oasis:
Stealing Gore

If you are going after Jesse James, you ought to organize the posse first.
-- Al Gore, 9/23/02

Contrary to my image as a Texan with two guns on my side, I'm more comfortable with a posse.
-- Dubya, 11/21/02
This is not the first time that this has happened. TFM recalls this sort of thing coming up back when Bush was making the tasteless "trifecta" joke to partisan audiences this past summer. Back then, in a case of revisionist campaign history, Bush was telling a mythical anecdote about how he supposedly told someone during the 2000 campaign that he would only deficit spend if there were a war, a recession or a national emergency. ("Never did I dream that I would get the trifecta" was the punchline) At that time, when real journalists looked into the matter, they found that the only candidate who made a promise in 2000 that was even slightly near that was Al Gore (A piece at MSNBC.com had shown this, but a search seems to show that it went down the memory hole).

I'd love to remove the Smirk from the White House. Just lemme get my posse together...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home